Monday, December 21, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
- Buffet Thanksgiving dinner with Steve, Sarah and Tony
- Holy flatten penny machines! I just gathered about 20 pennies to take! I will get the quarters when I get there.
- Checking out all of the different hotels. We are staying our first night at the Luxor and the rest of the time at Harah's
- Hitting up some great looking brewpubs
- Beatles LOVE Cirque de Soleil
- Possibly hitting up a world renowned restaurant or two. We have seen a lot of them on Top Chef this season and we are big fans of Open Table. So I am sure we will use it to make a great dinner reservation one night.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Eat some pumpkin pie for me!
Monday, November 23, 2009
Isn't she cute? :)
Steve was very excited to meet her too. With his crazy imagination and goofiness he is going to be a great uncle. I've already decided I am teaching her "Uncle Steve is stupid." when she can talk. Kim said it was ok. haha
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
A tired Yuri is not used to traveling by car like his big brother is.
Here is a video of him running around at a park that we stopped at on the way home. Hes pretty fast so a lot of the video is just leaves. hehe.
It has been a few days now and Yuri is adjusting to life in Olathe pretty well. He has learned his name and is trying to figure out potty training right now. His favorite thing to do is chase his brother around. Making Chewie's favorite thing to do hiding on the couch where his pesky little bro can't get him. We are hoping in time they will become best friends, but right now Chewie is just tolerating him. hehe
Monday, November 9, 2009
Owen giving me some smiles. So adorable.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
- Running through downtown was really fun, there is so much to see. Kansas City really is a great town.
- The beginning few hills were quite a site, thousands of people running at one time is such a thing to see
- I made myself an acquaintance to run with the first 8 miles. This helped out a lot. We chatted and kept each other going.
- There were bands playing along parts of the route that kept it fun and exciting.
- I got to mile 10 and someone had candy they were giving out! The Skittles I took got me through the next mile or two.
- Seeing Steve close to the finish line cheering for me and so happy for me that I was still running was really awesome.
- I was able to continue running till the end of the race. I calculated that I probably walked a total of 30 to 40 mins the whole time. So 2 1/2 hrs running..that's a long time!
Chewie wearing my bib number and wondering why we are up so dang early on a Saturday!
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Steve and I having margaritas and mojitos on the patio at Baja 600.
Dinner was one of the best we have had. We ate at The Capital Grille. Steve had told them it was our anniversary so when we got there we had "Happy Anniversary" and heart confetti sprinkled on the table. hehe
All of the food was amazing! Below is lobster mac and cheese. Yummm!
My steak, already halfway eaten, was delicious! It was also huge...it took up that whole plate!
We also got a to die for flour less chocolate cake for desert, on the house for our anniversary. And they took our picture and put it in a nice card/frame to commemorate the night.
It was a lovely way to spend our last anniversary together. And I am so glad we got to try out The Capital Grille. Thanks to Steve for planning it all. :)
Thursday, September 17, 2009
I am not really worried about the weather though. We are getting married rain or shine! :) The only bummer with rain would be pictures, but we could figure that out. Steve has access, through work, to this massive weather database. With it he was able to look back at the weather on September 26th through a number of years. I would say, from what he found that historically it looks like we picked a great day.
Monday, September 14, 2009
When Lauren spent the night a few weekends ago she helped me get a Word document laid out and ready to format with everything I would need to be in the program. Over the last couple of weeks I have gotten everything needed for the program ready. Friday I had them printed up and Saturday night Lauren and her mom were so kind and came over and assembled them with me. Together we got 90 of them done! I could never have gotten that many done in one night without them. They had also just done all of this a few months ago for Lauren and Nicks wedding, so they had more expertise in program assembling than I do. hehe. Sunday Steve helped me out and we got the rest of them done. I am so glad to have such a big thing to cross off my to do list! Thank you sooooooo much Lauren and Terry!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
There will be a violin and a classical guitar playing. We picked out the songs from their list last night and we are super excited about them playing. And now with the music picked out I can finalize the programs and get them printed.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
- 4 weeks till the wedding
- 25 1/2 days till the wedding
- only 15 of those days are days I have to work
- 3 more weekends till the wedding weekend
- 7514 hours till the ceremony
- 450840 minuets till the ceremony
- 27050400 seconds till the ceremony
- only 2 more trips to St Louis, one of those for the wedding
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Krista's dad, Jack Wolfe
Lauren and I before the race. We made some sweet hats to wear...mine says JW and hers is the above picture of Jack.
All 3 of us after the race. We also made some awesome shirts that said "Cancer Sucks" They were a big hit.
It also was Amy Lunn's first race and she did great! She is doing the half marathon in October just like Steve and I. :) Lauren did awesome as usual. I am really proud of myself this race. I ran it at a faster pace than I usually do and I finished around 34 mins. I'd say it was a pretty good Sunday morning.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
We are next! :)
Me and my beautiful soon to be sister-in-law.
Steve's cousins Lauren(in the middle, a junior bridesmaid) and Gracie(the flower girl)
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Kozlen group pic
James' group pic
Awesome pillow Ellen had made for me.
The shower was super fun. I felt like I could post a ton of pics from it. Kim had made up a few games for me to play, that I know got lots of laughs out of everyone. The food was yummmm. Karen knows what I like...lots of dip. hehe. Thank you to everyone that helped with the shower and thank you to everyone that could make it!
After the shower Ellen and I ran wedding related errands for the next 4-5 hours. Then it was back to Mama's house where I put everyone to work crafting the rest of the night. They had a blast I just know it. hehe
Sunday we had another shower, in Belleville. It was brunch and was awesome! Its a wonder that I have lost any weight with how much I love food. haha.