Friday, January 4, 2013

First Trimester in Review

Well we made it through our first trimester! I think overall I had it pretty easy, it was probably harder on Steve than it was on me. I had minimal morning sickness, my main "symptom" was fatigure. I would come home from work, take the dogs out, then lay on the couch and never leave until it was time to move to the bed. The weekends were not much different. I could go out for a few hours of activity then I needed to go home and nap. While I have not had many food adversions (a few seafood items I suddenly think taste fishy and buffalo wings no longer agree with me) I mainly do not think any food sounds good, ever. It is not that food makes me sick, I just never want anything. Big adjustment in our house, where I always want something very specific 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time I like Steve to choose but I shoot down most of his choices. :) All of this left Steve to take care of the house, the dogs, meals and whatever else I asked for (which can be a lot). He has been really great all 13 weeks and I have no doubt he will continue to be amazing and supportive.
 
During the few hours on the weekends I was up for going on an outing Steve and I have been going around the city taking bump pictures. Yeah there isn't much there right now, but it has been a really fun activity for us and we plan to continue throughout the whole 9 months. You might eventually see some places pop up more than once, as we have taken a few at favorite spots early.
 
Week 5:
 
Where: Downtown Ballard(our neighborhood)
 
Week 6:
Where: Gasworks Park, overlooking South Lake Union - Yuri wanted in this one
 
Week 7:
Where: Pike Market, downtown Seattle
 
Week 7.5:
Where: Kansas City, MO - WWI muesem overlooking the city
 
Week 8: 
 Where: Sunday Farmers Market, Ballard
 
Week 9:
 Where: Skee Ball at Kings Hardware, Ballard
 
Week 10:
 Where: Pinball at Full Tilt, Ballard
 
Week 11:
 Where: Outside our Condo (not my fav picture, but we were busy this week)
 
Week 12:
 Where: Piper Palm House, Tower Grove Park, St. Louis, MO (where we got married!)
 
Week 13:
Where: Fremont Troll, Fremont

Stay tuned to see where we go each week and how we are all doing.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Ah! I love it! Can tell you are growing!! Can't wait to see them each week!!

hannah said...

LOVE this idea!! Can't wait to see more! :)

Kara said...

I like the different locations every week! Great idea! Can't wait to see where you go next and how your bump grows :)

Kara said...

What a great idea to take pictures in your favorite locations! I can't wait to see where you go next and how your bump grows :)

nathan nunley said...

The idea is great.meal bars for dogs