Sunday, March 31, 2013

Week 25


Where: Portland, OR - park near the river and Saturday market 

Week Recap ~

  • Total weight gain/loss : +19.5 lbs (felt like a huge jump from the last time I was on the scale, but I haven't been on the scale in 2 weeks)
  • Sleep : Been pretty good this week. Falling back to sleep faster than normal when I wake for bathroom breaks. Until Thursday night when I came down with a terrible cold. Lack of sleep then was from not being able to breath. :(
  • Best moments : Great weekend in Portland. It was nice to get out of town and away from the unpacking. We just relaxed and enjoyed ourselves. Plus it was nice to spend a lot of time outside and walking around. 
  • Movement : Yes. She seems to like to move around in the morning when I first wake up and then a lot at night, mostly around bed time. She is pretty chill during the day. 
  • Symptoms : The joint pain I had been having in my lower back has settled down. Only feeling it after long work days this week. 
  • Maternity clothes? : Yup! Occasionally I will wear a non-maternity top, but I love some of my maternity tees a lot.
  • Food cravings or aversion's? : Nothing new here
  • What I am eating : Salads, pasta, chicken sandwiches, heirloom tomatoes with balsamic (yumm!), lots of seafood over the weekend, some bar food, donuts
  • Exercise : Lots and lots of walking in Portland!
  • Gender : Girl. Although I had a moment this week were my head started spinning thinking what if they were wrong and we don't have a name for a boy or any boy things! It was only a moment, but it could happen right? hehe
  • Labor signs : None
  • What I miss : This weekend I missed having a beer. Portland, like Seattle, is a great beer town and we spent a good amount of time at some places that would have been nice to sit with Steve and have a drink. Including watching the Sounders match. Watching sports is fun, but not as fun drinking water. :)
  • What I am looking forward to : Baby shower on Saturday! It will be fun to celebrate this little girl and to see friends and family. Also, when we are back from St Louis we are going to be getting a start on the nursery. It is all taped and ready for Stephen to start painting.

    Other Happenings:
    Like I said we were in Portland over the weekend! Here are a few pictures of the weekend.
    Voodoo Doughnuts is a must hit in Portland. Generally there is a line wrapping around outside the building and I like doughnuts, but not enough to stand in a long line for them. Luckily for us we were up at 8 am and went by on our walk with the dogs and there was no line(its a 24 hr operation).

     Just love the sign!
    Our picks. My favorite was chocolate, rice crispies and peanut butter. So good!

    Portland China town entrance.

    All 3 of us got bike clothes. Me the yellow shirt, baby girl the onesie and Stephen got a new bike jacket. 

    Sunday before we headed out we took a drive to the Columbia River Gorge. It was a beautiful day and we got some great views. 


    We stopped at some falls. This was the largest fall, Multnomah Falls. 



    We stopped for lunch and this is how we found the dogs in the car. They had a great time in Portland, but were wiped out and ready to get home. 

No comments: