Tuesday, February 12, 2013

St Louis Weekend Get Together


Last Thursday I took off work and headed to St Louis for a much needed long weekend with friends. 12 years ago I headed to the University of Missouri - Rolla and made the best friends I could ever imagine having (I also met my husband, added bonus). These ladies below, plus a few that aren't pictured, seriously are one of the best things in my life. We have been through everything you can imagine, good and bad, together. I know no matter what I need, a laugh, a cry, someone to just listen to a rant these girls will be there to do it. Not only have we all been friends for 12 years, not a day goes by that we do not talk. We have an insane email history since graduating and each day at least one person is sending out an email - from just saying hi to needing advice to what we are eating. I could go on and on and on about them. Instead let's just recap a great weekend.

 Some of the lovely ladies of my life + a few of their little men.

I have mentioned that all of my college friends have boys. Here are 4 of them, from left (youngest) to right (oldest): Lou (Leslie), Desmond (Nickie), Phillip (Kara) and Hudson (Lauren)

I love to see how they interact with each other. 

Most of our weekend was spent hanging around Kara and Steve's house (Thank you again for having all of us!). We made lots of food, ate, drank, played with the kiddos, chatted and played some games. I never laugh as hard as I do when with them. We did venture out of the house one day. A couple of us hit up some baby stores and then we all convened at lunch for Mexican. 

Bumps at El Mags! From left to right: Bethany due July 2, me due July 6 and Amber (Stephanie's sister) due July 17. Can't believe how close together all our due dates are!


Park time after lunch with the guys. Hudson and Phillip tolerating more of our picture taking of them. Lou was there too, but sleeping. Phillip had his first swing experience and we all took a nice walk around the park.
Later in the evening we had a surprise baby shower for our friend Molly. Molly lives in Virginia. We all sent gifts to a friend of hers there and her husband snuck around getting them wrapped and setting Molly up to the computer where we were all waiting on Google+ to have her shower. She was so surprised  It was super fun. Technology really is amazing. 

Then the boys got in their St Pats gear and we made them do more photo shoots. :)

Baby K went home with quite the loot as well. He or She got some sweet gifts from his fraunties (friend+auntie). Spoiled already :)

And I purchased some cloth diapers. A small selection of the types I like to make it easier when I am searching around town here or online. Leslie also is letting us borrow her stash of infant size ones and Yuri has been sniffing at them and trying to figure out what they are. Wonder if it is cause they smell like a baby? 

It was such a great weekend. I am glad I was able to take the time to go for this long weekend. Being with them really does something for the soul. Looking forward to the next get together already!

No comments: