Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Restaurant Week!



This Friday starts Kansas City's first ever Restaurant Week. I am very excited about this. One of the many things Steve and I love to do is go out to eat and try out new restaurants. There are over 90 restaurants participating in this event. We have chosen to go out to 3. One is a favorite of ours, Bristol. We are going to lunch there this Saturday. We figured it was probably among some of the best bang for your buck places for lunch. Places serving lunch will be having a $15 pre-fix menu and dinners will be $30. Next week we are trying out two places we have never been to for dinner...801 Chop House and Micheal Smith. We just recently noticed 801 Chop House and picked it due to being able to get a $30 meal at a restaurant that is noted with 4 dollar signs $$$$. Micheal Smith I had read about a long time ago and have been wanting to eat there for a while, just never got around to it. Oh the other great thing about this week is that some proceeds are going to Harvesters, a local food bank. I am excited to get in some great food in the next week. I've been trying to figure out a way to get to more places, but I think I should calm down and realize that 3 is a lot. hehe

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Sounds like fun ! Let us know how you liked the new places !
XXXOOO

Julia Dohen.... said...

Hi! Just wanted to say hi! And I love you!!! Hope everything is going well.

Love j