Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Planning Planning Planning Update :)

So much is getting done it’s exciting. Friday and Saturday were full of wedding stuff. Planning seems to be in full motion now. The flowers are picked out; I have pics I will post soon. I will be getting the vases from a friend this weekend. I think the Friday before the wedding we are going to go to Walter Knoll and make our own centerpieces. The lady there was confident we could do them since they are pretty simple and only contain 1 flower. This cuts down on the cost tremendously. They treat you like a florist, so you get all of the flowers at wholesale prices. They will still deliver everything to the reception site though and set them up. After the florist we went to the Piper Palm house to check it out again and figure out some logistics. Being there just reminded Steve and me how much we love it and can’t wait to get married there.
Saturday was spent trying on dresses and tasting food. I found a dress! I love it and if I could I would post a picture up for all of you to see, but Steve says he can’t know about it at all so I wont do that. :) Ellen and Sarah were along and they ordered their bridesmaid dresses. Kim and Jessica will be doing the same soon and then I can check ordering all of the dresses off my list. From there we went to a tasting of one of the caterers we may use. It was really good. It also was nice to be able to talk to someone in person and get an idea of what they can do and they could get a better idea of what we want.
Sunday we did another sort of tasting. One caterer, Butler’s Pantry, does not do a tasting, but they give you two tickets to go to a brunch they serve. It just happens to be at the Piper Palm house. :) The brunch was good, but I was disappointed because I didn’t feel like it was a good way to choose if I would want them to cater our wedding. I mean I’m not going to be having omelets and French toast at the wedding. Hehe
I am all about getting more things done. I have been looking up stuff left and right. I am waiting on a few referrals before contacting a baker, invites and dj. Steve is the main one on DJ duty though. Lots of posts coming up I hope.

No comments: