Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Skype

Skype has been around for a while now, but I had not thought about using it in a long time. We used it often when Ellen went to Australia. Recently I have picked back up using it again and it is awesome. It works great since my laptop has a built in webcam and microphone. Ellen and I Skyped a few weeks ago and played a game from our childhood...pitch/keep. She helped me get rid of jewelry I don't wear anymore, like or need.
I also spent some time with Charlie.

Bailey came to the party for a while also. And I got to see my mom, she didn't want a picture taken of her though. hehe

Last week some of my girlfriends and I went to "happy hour" together. We all sat at our own computers and had some beers together while Skyping. You can't video chat with more than one person, so we just did the voice dial. But every now and then one of us would sign out to go do something and the other people could video chat. It was awesome getting to see each others faces and even when we didn't have the video going it was so much fun just getting to all talk and hang out at the same time. Look at how happy some of us were....
Krista waving "Hi" from Boston.
Sarah and Leslie laughing at pictures they were taking of me from St Louis.

I can't wait to Skype again with my sister and friends. I also just found out that my littlest sister in law, Jessica, got a web cam and a Skype account and I am looking forward to Skyping with her. Now we just need Kim to get one so we can chat with her too and so Steve and I can see Leah growing up "in person".

1 comment: