Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It's Official!

I am a tri-athlete. Well almost. I am signed up for my first triathlon. It is in 3 weeks. The WIN for KC Triathlon in Smithville, MO. It is an all women's triathlon. My friend Katie is a pro at tris and after she ran the Olathe half we started talking about how much she liked doing tris better. Then she told me about this tri training class she was thinking about signing up for. So I started swimming a little and decided to sign up for the class too. Every Monday for the last 4 weeks we meet in a park in MO and swim(in a lake) then bike or run. It is a 7 week class, so 3 more weeks to go. It has been a great learning experience. Plus it was through this class that I was able to get into the women's tri. It has been sold out since March! Way before I decided to get into this. I am excited that my first one will be an all women's event. I only here awesome things about it. I went a little over board today and I am signed up for 3 triathlons already this year. The one in July, one in August and one in September. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Kim said...

way to go sarah!! i suck at swimming...

Nancy said...

Wishing you luck :) You amaze me ! LOVE YA !