Monday, March 9, 2009

Shamrock Shuffle


This past Saturday Steve and I participated in our second 5K, the Lawrence St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Shuffle.
We also added a new member to our little running group, Amy Huber. It was Amy’s first race, just a little more than a month after she started running and she did great! I improved my time from the Groundhog run by 4 minutes; while Steve is becoming lightning fast, almost catching up to Lauren.
It was a great race day, the weather was perfect and the rain that was forecasted held off for us. So far this has been my favorite of the two races we have done. I really enjoyed the path we took. It was on the levee by the river and I was really able to zone out on the scenery, something I usually cannot do. My favorite part of the race by far though was near the end. I came around a small bend, getting ready to go under the bridge and then up a short, but steep hill and I see both Lauren and Steve looking around the bend for me. After knowing they were there looking for me and cheering me on, the rest of the way to the finish line was a piece of cake. It’s a great feeling knowing they are going to be there at the end of every race cheering me on and are so proud of me. I was able to join them and just a few minuets later help cheer Amy on to the finish and that was great too.
Up next for the four of us is a 44 mile relay race, with 5 other people, in April.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Nice Shirt Sarah!!

Nancy said...

So proud of all of you !
XO