Friday, July 5, 2013

Week 39



Where: Greenlake, Seattle, WA - chilling on the water!


Week Recap ~

  • Total weight gain/loss : +41.5 lbs
  • Sleep : Sleep was hard this week due to the heat wave we had here in Seattle. Unlike the Midwest the heat of the day here doesn't start till around or after 5pm, just in time to get the house hot enough and not cool down for bed time.
  • Best moments : Stephen and I had a really wonderful last weekend alone. Even if the baby doesn't come when she is due, this next week starts our flow of visitors coming to meet baby k. We did things over the weekend for us, for the dogs and for the baby. It was a really nice and relaxing, but productive weekend. Pictures way below on all of the things we did. 
  • Movement : Nothing different than how she has been.
  • Symptoms : Is HOT a symptom? See above and below mentions of the heat wave.
  • Maternity clothes? : Yes, if I am wearing many clothes at all. Haha We had a heat wave this week and it made for a lot of pantsless sitting around
  • Food cravings or aversion's? : Nothing really different. Still loving some pie, but its too hot to eat a lot.
  • What I am eating : Thank goodness for a shaded deck and grill! If we ate at home this week Stephen grilled up dinner. Even though the evenings are the hottest, the sun has moved off our back deck so we would sit out there and eat. It was much cooler out there then in the house.
  • Exercise : Lots of walks! I have been trying to walk this baby out. We were deterred some by the heat wave this week. It made for some sweaty walks. 
  • Gender : Little lady
  • Labor signs : No change from the last two weeks at the dr this week.
  • What I miss : Not thinking 80 degrees was 100. We had temps in the 90s this last week and that is just crazy around here. Especially for a place where AC is not standard. I would say I have been missing AC as well!
  • What I am looking forward to : Our due date! Also, my family is in town and it will be nice to spend time with them. Hopefully baby k gets excited to spend time with them and decides to show her little face soon!

    Other Happenings:
    Our neighborhood hosts the largest one day car show in Washington each year. While neither of us are into cars, we only live 2 blocks away so we had to go check it out. We went early while it was still being set up and took the dogs. It was also a good chance to get out and walk before it got too hot out. 



    Saturday afternoon we hit up Greenlake for some time on the water. We rented a trampoline that you could take out on the water. It meant that we were just floating around partially in the water. It was awesome. 




    Yuri has been ridiculous this week with his cuteness. I had to share a few pics. He is just too cute to handle some days. 

     Snuggling his dad.

     His new favorite spot to lay at night...my hospital bag.

    I am working from home everyday and he will beg to get up on my lap. One day he crawled up onto the table (ok I let him up. shame on me) and he curled up like this while I worked. Too freaking cute!

No comments: